JACKSONVILLE SPACE APPS CHALLENGE
Space Apps Challenge Announcement:
Space Geeks are invited to join KakiFlynn.us at the NASA Space Apps Challenge, being held April 29 - 30, 2017.
We are hosting the North Florida site that draws competitors from Jacksonville and the surrounding area, all the way up to Amelia Island, Florida.
Over 15,000 citizens from 61 countries and in 161 cities around the world participated in the 2016 International Space Apps Challenge.
The top team will have their idea pitched to NASA.
All ages are welcome, and all skill sets and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Whether you are a part of one of the hottest local tech start-ups in Jacksonville, retired with an advanced degree in engineering, a space camp kid, a guide at Kayak Amelia or a teacher in the local school, everyone comes to the table on equal footing at the SpaceApps Challenge.
The wider the scope of experience, the better chance you have of developing an innovative idea. Tackle a challenge using robotics, data visualization, hardware, design and many other specialties.
Registration is free; it's okay to show up as a team, or show up on your own and join a team!
The host site is a short walk to both the Amelia Island harbor; or take the Amelia Island trolley to the beach and work on your project there.
- Camping at Peter's Point is free for Saturday night for those that want to stay over.
- The Experimental Aircraft Association is offering free flights for participants out of the Amelia Island Airport from 9am - 1pm that are under the age of 17 and have a guardian present.
- A .co URL is free for all participants
- Amazon is giving away a $100 in web services to all participants
- Two tickets to the NASA Kennedy Space Center awarded to the winners
How to Join the SpaceApps Challenge
1. REGISTER HERE
2. Look at the 5 Challenges
3. Show up at the Amelia Island Coffee Shop on Saturday; you are free to work on your project at multiple sites around the Island.
Amelia Island Coffee Shop
207 Centre St.
Fernandina Beach, Fl.
SPACE APPS JACKSONVILLE & AMELIA ISLAND
Saturday, April 29th
Build teams & choose challenges
Pack a lunch; or places to eat within one or two blocks of Amelia Island Coffee Shop.
Back to hacking!
Wrap up for the day. Teams can continue working on site, or at local venues around town.
Can stay overnight; free camping at Peter's Point. Car camping or Tent camping on the beach. Must bring own gear.
Will be astronomy lesson on the beach for those that camp.
Sunday, April 30th
Optional Sunrise walk on beach from Peter's Point to Pier
( 3 miles round trip)
Back to hacking at Amelia Island Coffee Shop
Lunch break; eat around island
Project deadlines/begin uploading to official site/tech check for presentations
Judging of projects.